Trikāta Church is the only church in Beverīna County. Territories of the neighbouring manors were part of Trikāta parish as at the end of the 19th Century – Luba (Lubbenhof), Lipškalns (Lipskaln), Trikāta (Trikaten), Dutka (Dutkenshof), Vecvāle (Alt-Sackenhof), Jaunvāle (Neu-Sackenhof), Tiepele (Witkop), Jaunbrenguļi (Neu-Wrangelshof), Vecbrenguļi (Alt-Wrangelshof), Cempi (Zempen), Plāņi (Planhof) and Vijciems (Wiezemhof). Records of parish members: birth, christening, marriage, death and housing inspections, were entered according to the abovementioned division.
St. John’s Lutheran Church of Trikāta was first mentioned in writings already in 1284. However, the church building was repeatedly destroyed and restored over centuries. The most recent church reconstruction works took place in 1924 and 1938 under the guidance of architects Aleksandrs Birznieks and Pauls Kampe. The church presents valuable works of baroque art: the pulpit, a relief “Baptising of the Christ”, a painting “The Last Supper” (18th Century) and the altar (1st half of the 18th Century).
Location: road Trikāta - Dutka on the left side, Trikātas pagasts,
GPS coordinates: 57.5308761,25.6970783
Available: all year. The interior can be viewed by logging in: +371 26519219